Lighthouse’s programme strives to connect artistic practices across different disciplines and physical spaces. As part of our Re-Imagine Europe programme, we would like to welcome a duo comprising a visual artist and music or sound artist/practitioner (e.g. a DJ, music producer, sound artist, composer, performer, sound practitioner, or musician) to take part in a two week residency at Lighthouse in Brighton.
The residencies are an opportunity for artists, practitioners, producers and technologists to expand their practice and research and develop new ideas and methodologies. Another central aim of the residencies will be to formulate a proposal for a collaborative commission, performance or workshop to be produced in partnership with Lighthouse following your time here. As a digital arts organisation, we expect proposals to use technology in new or innovative ways, be it immersive, interactive, data, sound or light-based, or other.
Who can apply:
Existing duos consisting of an artist and a music/sound artist practitioner
A new duo (an artist and sound/music practitioner) who have never worked together before
What Lighthouse can provide:
• A workspace at the Lighthouse offices in central Brighton, with access to our audience facing reception and gallery space
• Support to find and access working or exhibition/showcase spaces outside of Lighthouse where required (such as a specific type of venue, nightclub or public space)
• An allowance for equipment hire, technical support and materials
• Access to our team and relevant members/organisations within Lighthouse’s network, and to our partners across the Re-Imagine Europe network
• Accommodation costs (if this is needed in order to take part)
• Travel costs to Brighton
• A contribution towards subsistence costs during your residency
• Please note that the 10 days of this residency can be flexibly or consecutively distributed (to be discussed during the interview process)