Job Vacancy: Communication & PR Manager Re-Imagine Europe
Volume: January – December 2020, approximately 1-2 days/week (freelance)
What is the Re-Imagine Europe project?
Re-Imagine Europe is a four-year project aimed at responding to the urgent social and political challenges currently facing the continent. Rising nationalism, climate change and migration are drawing European countries apart, while technological advances continue to change the ways that we interact, urging us to explore new modes of operation. Funded by Creative Europe, the project involves the development and presentation of artistic residencies, commissions, workshops and symposia, using art to empower a generation of young, digitally connected Europeans to explore new ideas. Re-Imagine Europe is initiated by Sonic Acts (NL) and coordinated by Paradiso (NL) in collaboration with the following partners: Elevate Festival (AT), Lighthouse (UK), INA GRM (FR), Bergen Kunsthall (NO), A4 (SK), Disruption Network Lab (DE), KONTEJNER (HR) and Ràdio Web MACBA (ES). The partners take a lead on developing the programme activities. Paradiso acts as lead partner and manages and coordinates the project’s overarching and audience development activities and deliverables, as well as internal and external communication.
We are looking for a Communication & PR Manager to support external communication and visibility of the project.
The project’s communication strategy is based on five key communication objectives:
– Giving visibility to the project, its activities and outcomes
– Strengthening the positive image of European cultural cooperation
– Increase engagement and relationships with European cultural audiences
– Increase young and hard to reach audience for all partners
– Increasing public awareness about the relevance and role of ‘new art’
The first two objectives are subject to this appointment, while the project partners areresponsible for the final three.
The Communication and PR Manager is responsible for the strategic planning and implementation of communication activities for the Re-Imagine Europe project. Main tasks include ensuring the best possible visibility of the project and its (interim) results by increasing
external communication efforts and through stakeholder marketing.
Specific responsibilities of this post
• Advises the project team on external and internal marketing and communication issues and
actively contributes to the positioning of the project
• Reviews the project’s communication & dissemination strategy in order to achieve the key
communication objectives and to increase dissemination of project results
• Implements a stakeholder marketing strategy (directed towards cultural organizations, and
local, national and European funding and governmental bodies) in close collaboration with the
• Delivers and implements media partnerships for the project and its outputs
• Enhances the project visibility through its partners and via other means
• Further develops the content strategy of the project’s communication channels
• Maintains and extends the media and relationship network within the European cultural
sector and beyond
• Performs final editing on all (digital) communication channels
• Produces communication tools in collaboration with designer & project coordinator
• Fluent in Dutch and English (spoken and written)
• Higher education, university or similar level of education
• Ample experience in project communication of international (cultural) projects
• Strong network within media and culture in the Netherlands (and beyond)
• Knowledge of and affinity with the field the partners operate in (avant-garde & digital art and
music, science, technology)
• Strong writing skills
• Result driven
• Able to work strategically, independently and accurately
• Experience with web content-management and web editing
• Based in or around Amsterdam
A versatile and challenging freelance position for 8 to 16 hours a week from January until
December 2020 and an inspiring working environment at an innovative cultural organization
in Amsterdam. Renumeration according to the position and depending on work experience.
Deadline for application
Send your letter of application together with your CV to Vacature-Refirstname.lastname@example.org
before 25 November 2019. In case of queries please email or call project coordinator Annette
Wolfsberger via the above e-mail address or via 020-6264521.