Sonic Acts is looking for a Head of Marketing & Communications for an immediate start on the basis of 32 hours per week. The deadline for applications is 1 October 2020.
Sonic Acts is a leading platform for new developments in electronic and digital art forms. With an extensive year-round programme in the Netherlands and abroad, and a large biennial festival in Amsterdam, Sonic Acts produces, presents and distributes a wide range of artistic works. It is an organisation with an ambitious attitude that strives for innovation and exceptional artistic quality in all of its activities while being a hub for an international network of creators, curators and critical thinkers. Based in Amsterdam, Sonic Acts works regularly with national and international partners – from kindred cultural organisations to academic institutions – such as Paradiso, Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam, OT301, Utrecht University, Rijksakademie van Beeldende Kunsten, Re-Imagine Europe and many others.
As Head of Marketing & Communications, you lead the communications team and are responsible for communicating, promoting and marketing the programming of Sonic Acts in all its forms, its online and offline identity, and the managing of audience relationships. You have a strong affinity for the field – this includes audiovisual and contemporary visual art, avant-garde film, electronic music, experimental media and academic discourse – and are able to amplify the visibility and reach of all Sonic Acts activities, in consultation with the director, programmers and partners.
• Developing and executing marketing and communications plans, as well as the audience development strategy and the sponsoring and donation policy
• Supervising the communications team, including the hiring, guiding and periodic evaluation of employees and freelancers
• Preparing and managing the marketing and communications budget
• Conceiving and executing original campaigns and promotions
• Managing all Sonic Acts communication channels – including the website, mailings, print and social media – CRM tools, ticketing systems, (web)shop and merchandise
• Proactively maintaining PR, i.e. communication with the media and relevant contacts
• Conducting market research and analysis, and advising the organisation on its positioning
• Contributing to grant applications, evaluation and documentation reports
• Completed higher education
• At least 5 years of relevant work experience
• Ability to work both as part of a team and in a management capacity
• Excellent communication and writing skills in both English and Dutch
• Experience in the development and implementation of marketing and communications plans and strategies
• Extensive knowledge of relevant CMS, CRM and ticketing systems
• An extensive network in media, music, art and culture
• Strong analytical skills
• A proactive, flexible, stress-resistant and results-oriented attitude
• A varied and challenging job for 32 hours per week at an innovative cultural organisation, located in Amsterdam
• A collaborative and inspiring environment of co-workers, partners and artists
• A salary between €2.400 and €4.100 (gross) per month based on full-time employment, depending on knowledge and experience
Sonic Acts endorses the Fair Practice Code and the Code of Cultural Diversity and is committed to improving the assortment of voices that make up the organisation. Applicants from all (cultural) backgrounds are therefore encouraged to apply. In a case of equal suitability, preference goes to the candidate that strengthens the diversity of the team.
No agencies or recruiters.